Re: Joey Hess is out?

On 11/08/2014 12:48 AM, Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 3:19 PM, golinux <golinux@riseup.net> wrote:
Joey Hess is leaving Debian.  Anybody have a context?  Anything to do with
the systemd controversy and the monolithic direction Debian is going?

I mean, with all the fighting that has been going on, I wouldn't be
surprised if it had *something* to do with it. Joey seems to be all
about systemd if you read his blog, so I am guessing it isn't about
it being used, but about the whole process around it if anything.

Personally I wonder what specifically he thinks makes the
Debian Constitution a "toxic document". Joey is one big
reason I would like to be a DD someday...

I see by the url--Hess's goodbye--that he's the maintainer of
alien. I hope someone will step up and continue that useful
software.

--doug