Re: Howto add a vnc URL handler to Icedove?

Scott Ferguson writes:

> 1. while the link displays as show above, in the HTML (subset used in
> email) it's actually a mailto link...
>
> 2. I've tried adding to Icedove about:config:-
> ;a new string value of "network.protocol-handler.app.vnc" with the value
> "$processingScript %U"
> ;a new boolean value "network.protocol-handler.expose.vnc" with the
> value "true"
>
> But I suspect they'll never be called as Icedove treats the link as "mailto"

Well, what about changing how 'mailto' URIs are handled? You could
specify that 'mailto' URIs should be handled by a script. That script
can examine the URI and, if it begins with the scheme name 'vnc', does
the setup you require, but would otherwise calls the default 'mailto'
handler. Might that do what you need?

(i've set up Iceweasel to call a script for 'mailto' links, so that i
can click on them and have a template email message open in Emacs, which
i can then edit and send.)

Alexis.