Re: Browser font size selection for printer -- SOLVED, but I'd llike to understand.

On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 03:02:03 +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> I cannot get chrome or chromium (or Iceweaasel either) to print a web
> page in a twelve-point font on my laser printer.  It insists on using a
> font that's about twice the size.

Well, let me apologize for even posting that question.  I got it to
produce smaller output by asking for a font-size of 6pt.  So it is
recognizing the css for the printer after all -- it's just that the 12-
point font my printer produces is rather bigger than what I'm used to
calling twelve-point.

I get about 54 lines to the page, measured top edge to bottom edge of an
standard 11-inch page.  With 72 = 6x12 points to the inch, I'd expect to
get 6 lines to the inch, giving me 66 lines altogether.  I suspect I'm
ignoring details like the space between lines.

Evidently I could still learn a few things about typography.  Can anyone
suggest a good online reference?

-- hendrik