Re: Preventing the computer from shutting down.

On 10/30/2014 02:11 PM, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:
Hello.

I can set up a script for backup with cron or anacron, but how can I prevent the computer from shutting down while the backup is being performed so as to not to leave it incomplete?.

Regards.

One simple way that does not require any coding at all is to buy a small device called a "Mouse Jiggler" which seems to sell for about $16. It is a
usb dongle thing that moves the "mouse" a very tine bit continuously.It does not prevent use of the actual mouse while it is jiggling, btw. I see by
Google there is some small app that can be applied to a Windows system that will do the same thing without the plug-in gadget. It was made, I think, so
you could watch a movie without having to move the mouse every so often. I'm sure someone must have written something for Linux which would be what
you're looking for, but the pclos repo doesn't seem to have it. Meanwhile the hardware solution works perfectly.

--doug