Re: Suggestion for systemd and /usr on seperate partition

On 10/30/2014 10:27 AM, Hans wrote:
Dear maintainers,

completely without starting any flamewars:

I am using systemd and I have /usr mounted on a separate partition as well as
/var, /home, /boot and /.

Additionally /usr, /var and /home are luks encrypted.

Due to this profile, I get a lot of annoying errors, as systemd does not find
/usr when it is started, because it produces an error and then switches to
verbose mode. This is very annoying!

For a new installation it might be ok, to put /usr on the root partition, but
I guess, there are a lot of systems in the world running a partition profile
like mine.

Besides of the mentioned problem systemd is running well.

I thought about this problem. Might it be possible, to change systemd in that
way, that it will start after all partitions are mounted? I know, it must be
done in the source code, but as I am no coder, I cannot do it myself.

So I ask the developers hereby, maybe it wil be possible to do that.

Again, I do not want to start any flamewars! IMO each user should decide for
himself, what he wants to use. I want to use systemd, and I just intend with
this message to improve systemd.

Thank you very much for reading this and any help.

Best regards

Hans

Hi Hans,
have a look on this link: