Re: What to do with dead raid 1 partitions under mdadm

On 10/25/2014 08:19 PM, mett wrote:
I'm running Squeeze under raid 1 with mdadm.
One of the raid failed and I replace it with space I had available on
that same disk.

I suggest that your read the SMART data, download the manufacturer's diagnostics utility disk, and run the manufacturer's full suite of diagnostics. Then reset SMART, wipe the drive, run the diagnostics again, and look at SMART again. If everything looks good, put it back into your box and rebuild RAID. If everything doesn't look good, put the drive in the recycle pile and get another drive.

HTH,

David