Re: Searching uninstalled packages by directory name

Am 24.10.2014 um 13:08 schrieb Darac Marjal:
> Actually, apt-file will search the whole path (try 'apt-file search
> bin'). If you like, try the -x option to apt-file to specify a
> perl-compatible regex.

You're right! Thanks for pointing that out. I was mislead by the man
page auf apt-file 2.5.1 (in wheezy) which says

search Search in which package a file is included. A list of all  pack‐
       ages containing the pattern pattern is returned.

       apt-file  will  only  search for filenames, not directory names.
       This is due to the format of the Contents files it searches.

A misinterpretation on my behalf or a bug in the documentation?