Re: Version Debian. Help!

Светлана Пендик:
> Please, help!
> I have netbook samsung NP-N150-JA01UA.
> What version Linux Debian need I?

You should use Debian wheezy (stable), either amd64 (works for 64 Bit
Intel CPUs as well) or i386 from here:

https://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/#stable

If your internet connection is not too slow you only need to download
CD1.

> All RAM is 2Gb. I'll give 1Gb for Linux.

That's fine for most things. Heavy desktop environments and browsers
like Firefox might run faster with more memory. Be sure to configure
swap during the installation. That should be done by default.

J.
--
After the millenium I would tell lies only to those who deserved them.
[Agree]   [Disagree]