Re: initramfs-tools 0.118 makes systems unbootable with 5 second message

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson wrote:
> On all my systems, initramfs-tools 0.116 works fine,
> installing 0.118 just gives some message about rebooting in 5 seconds that is not
> enough time to read. I.e., the system becomes unbootable.

Sounds like the below code, which is triggered if fsck fails and for some
reason it cannot start a root shell to fix it. Suggest you boot from
some rescue media and fsck the filesystem from there. Might also want to
look into why sulogin in failing.

                log_failure_msg "An automatic file system check (fsck) of the $NAME filesystem failed.
A manual fsck must be performed, then the system restarted.
The fsck should be performed in maintenance mode with the
$NAME filesystem mounted in read-only mode."
                log_warning_msg "The $NAME filesystem is currently mounted in read-only mode.
A maintenance shell will now be started.
After performing system maintenance, press CONTROL-D
to terminate the maintenance shell and restart the system."
                # Start a single user shell on the console
                if ! sulogin $CONSOLE
                then
                        log_failure_msg "Attempt to start maintenance shell failed.
Will restart in 5 seconds."
                        sleep 5
                fi

--