Re: msg from tornow....

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:14:00 +1100
Andrew McGlashan <andrew.mcglashan@affinityvision.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the cc in this case, your message never made it to the
> list, it was /probably/ silently dropped....  changing the subject
> line to see if it helps *this* message to get through.... ;-)
>
>   .... for the list *benefit* ... said email follows...
>
> On 21/10/2014 8:06 AM, tornow@riseup.net wrote:
> >> Do I want systemd ? - definitely and absolutely NO.
> >
> >> Is there any point arguing here in debian-user ? - definitely
> >> NOT.
> >
> >> My view is that systemd is a forgone conclusion and no-one whom
> >> has decided that it should be will be convinced otherwise.
> >
> >> I cannot agree that systemd is better over sysvinit and I don't
> >> expect that to ever change.  There is NOTHING wrong with
> >> sysvinit, there is something wrong with blaming sysvinit for
> >> other startup issues that had/have been done incorrectly.
> >
> > Same thoughts here. I made my choice and changed the distribution,
> > after running Debian for > 6 years. If needed, Poettering's ideas
> > make it sound like that, i will even change the OS (obvious
> > choice: BSD). I didn't make that choice lighthearted. Debian meant
> > something to me.

So Andrew, what did you move to? If I were just running a server, I'd
have been using BSD years ago. But running a desktop, being able to run
the programs I want to run is a real issue. Where did you go, and are
you doing desktop/workstation, or server?

> > Not arguing here, cause it won't bring a change, doesn't mean one
> > doesn't care and won't make the according choice. And calling
> > people who are worried about systemd trolls (and/or haters),
> > worried because they *do* care about Debian, sure won't convince
> > them to stay.

LOL, they *want* us gone. They're feeling the juice right now, and
haven't yet considered the frequent consequences of "my way or the
highway".

SteveT