Debian wheezy libvirt+virt-manager very slow performence.

Hi,

I have a debian wheezy machine with 12GB RAM and 500GB 7200 RPM harddrive WD black 32MB cache.

copying host node (local or remote) working fine. however when i create a KVM guest on the top and try to install XP it take almost half day to install the XP/other operating systems. my processor and disk IO are showed up very stable in virt-manager graph. also the console very smooth no jerking at all.

Actually i am using Proxmox virtualization platform and i am using it for many years. i haven't face issue like this in Proxmox. they are basically based on Debian OS now trying to learn Libvirt too for polishing my skills or for bed time as it seems in near future Proxmox will be a paid solution.

Can anyone please share what can be the issue and how can i solve it.

Thanks,