Re: update tool

On 10/17/2014 10:18 PM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Vi, 17 oct 14, 20:20:29, Diogene Laerce wrote:
>>
>> Debian does have a specific tool to check if a system needs to be
>> updated but many users will just want to manually check if any
>> security updates are available for their system. "
>> So does anyone know what tool he does refer to ?
>
> There are several: apticron, cron-apt, unattended-upgrades and I see
> update-notifier is being replaced with gnome-packagekit.

I was looking for a portable and simple way to notify the user
of necessary update. But update-manager is not in Jessy, apticron and
cron-apt a bit too complicated.. I guess I'm going to stick with a
"update && upgrade" script.

>> There are several: apticron, cron-apt, unattended-upgrades and I see
>> update-notifier is being replaced with gnome-packagekit.
>
> So the text should read: "Debian has several tools to check if ..." ?

:)

Thanks to all. :)
--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce