Re: OT: Re: Recipient validation - WAS: Re: Moderated posts?

On 16/10/14 22:31, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 06:50:01AM -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>
>> Anyone who runs a mail server and doesn't keep logs shouldn't be running
>> a mail server.
>>
>>  *And* the postmaster address monitored,
>>
>> Anyone who runs a mail server and doesn't monitor the postmaster address
>> shouldn't be running a mail server.
>
> Tell that to yahoo, they *don't seem* to have a postmaster address nor an
> abuse address. :(

abuse@yahoo-inc.com
domainadmin@yahoo-inc.com
abuse-center@yahoo-inc.com
mail-abuse@yahoo-inc.com
domain.tech@yahoo-inc.com

NOTE: I haven't tried them, but they're valid email addresses (don't ask).

If you are having problems lately (last six months) it's likely that you
haven't deployed SPF and DKIM - contentious issues for, um, the more
conservative mail admin. I like SPF and DKIM - guess I'm not that
conservative. Increasingly you'll find you'll need it - more of us, less
conservative mail admin are deploying it and slowly switching to dumping
mail that doesn't. Without SPF & DKIM it's usually trivial to spoof a
sender, one day spammers might work that out.

SMTP Error codes:-
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/smtp-error-codes-sln23996.html?impressions=true

You'll find other related links on the same page.

Kind regards