Would discussion of improving sysv-init be on topic?

systemd's problems would best be discussed at the systemd project. (Modulo the willingness of the devs over there to discuss them.)

What I'm thinking is to talk about specific features to enable the sort of "managing services" that systemd seems to be aimed at, and how to implement them, where existing alternatives exist and how well they work,

With enough discussion, we might be able to get enough mass to get a project started and get it (mostly) off-list.

Joel Rees

Computer memory is just fancy paper,
CPUs just fancy pens.
All is a stream of text