Re: debian-advocacy?

On 15/10/14 18:43, Anders Wegge Keller wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 04:07:25 +1100 Scott Ferguson
> <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Given that your only contribution to the list is outright and
>> offensive hypocrisy why should you not be rightfully dismissed as
>> an abusive and offensive poster who contributes nothing to the
>> subject. I do know you and your work - and sadly in one post
>> you've changed your name to mud.
>
> Go ahead and do that,

Do what? Dismiss your post as a pointless criticism just as you accuse
Andrei? Your post-event permission is redundant.

> if that makes you feel better.

That claim says nothing of me and speaks volumes of you. If I felt that
way I'd just ignore you (though I draw the line at childish kill-filing).

> Just remember that it proves my point.

You conflate "point" with "pointless".

> Suppressing dissent will not work.

You'd do well to study history instead of throwing rocks at yourself and
claiming persecution.
Do you truly believe that Andrei is being abusive and stifling
discussion? If so I hope it due to lack of sleep, and that you get some
soon, and return to being the non-misguided obnoxious Anders. I truly
believe you've serious misjudged him and your offence is pure illusion -
you have my sympathy, just short of the pity that would recommend a
biblical solution for the offence to your eye.
My sarcasm meter works well and I detect none in his postings - I don't
agree with all his views, but I can't fault the patient, polite, and
dignified way he deals with deliberate malcontents (yourself included) -
nor can I think of single occasion where he treated a poster
disrespectfully - despite more than ample justification. Perhaps you
could benefit from studying his style instead of posing as a model for
how *not* to act (effectively, if not intentionally).

Without sarcasm (lest those intolerant of humour and above critique
claim offence) - Kind regards