who is looking for a new distro as a result of systemd (particularly server-side users)

Folks,

All the discussion about systemd, and what I perceive as a shift in priority, for the Debian developer community, of putting desktop users ahead of server-side users, has me
me seriously looking at:

1. maintaining my older Debian distro as long as possible
2. migrating to a new distro that is more focused on server-side, production use

I migrated to Debian about 20 years ago - starting with Solaris, then migrating to Red Hat, then ending up with Debian - the first two based on what hosting providers where offering, Debian when we moved to our own servers. It's been rock solid for us, up until udev caused a bunch of hiccups a few years back (software that changes configurations in unexpected ways wreaks havoc on production systems). Systemd scares the living daylights out of me - as much for the attitude of its developers as anything else. It's looking more and more like time to move on to either a BSD or Open Solaris based platform (with ZFS as a bonus) - lack of Xen support is about the only thing holding me back.

I'm really curious to know how many others here have come to a similar conclusion, and what folks are looking at (in my case, SmartOS is looking better and better).

Miles Fidelman