Re: implicit linkage

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 1:39 AM, Martin Read <zen75502@zen.co.uk> wrote:
> On 12/10/14 01:43, lee wrote:
>>
>> Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> writes:
>>

>>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/src/core/dbus-manager.c?id=3731acf1acfb4a6eb68374a5b137f3b368f63381#n638
>>

>> Ah, this is a wonderful example :)  My assumptions about the code were
>> right.
>>
>> Does all/most of systemd look like that?
>

> I'm not seeing a serious problem with that function.
>
> I mean, I can certainly think of better ways to write it, but I don't find
> it bad enough that I'd want to *bother* doing so.

I'm thinking of some really fun things to try with those
XML-constants-in-macro definitions. Maybe. Have to look at where the
code is used, see whether he's keeping the input clean with the right
tools.

But I'm going to challenge you to try to find a better way to write
it. Re-factor it, and get your re-factored code to pass regressions.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart,
and ask yourself if you are not your own worst enemy.