MATE Desktop 1.8 from wheezy-backports

Hi all,

I have a Debian Wheezy installation with MATE Desktop 1.6 that was installed via MATE Desktop's own repository. Here's the corresponding line in sources.list:

deb http://repo.mate-desktop.org/debian wheezy main

A couple of weeks ago, this repository was removed[1] and it was recommended to use MATE 1.8 from wheezy-backports instead.

What is the recommended way for switching to wheezy-backports and MATE 1.8? This is what I'm thinking:

1. Add wheezy-backports to sources.list:

   deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main

2. apt-get update

3. apt-get -t wheezy-backports install mate-desktop-environment-extras

4. Remove repo.mate-desktop.org from sources.list

Is this OK?

Thanks in advance for any help.

[1] <http://mate-desktop.org/blog/2014-09-25-debian-and-ubuntu-repositories-removed/>

--