Re: libreoffice packaging dependency on gnome in Wheezy 7.6

On Ma, 07 oct 14, 11:15:43, The Wanderer wrote:

> I suspect that the GNOME package maintainers simply haven't taken the
> existence of libreoffice4.2 packages into account in their package
> dependencies. Ordinarily I'd suggest filing a bug report asking them to
> correct that, but at this late date (with libreoffice4.2 not existing in
> testing, and the jessie freeze less than a month away), I doubt there's
> any chance of such a change being made.

Fixing dependencies of a meta-package would probably qualify even for a
freeze exception (if it came to that), but I don't see any reason for
the Debian Gnome package maintainers to adjust their packages to account
for non-Debian packages.

Kind regards,
Andrei