Re: Software version issue

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014 09:52:51 +0300
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Lu, 06 oct 14, 21:26:33, Joe wrote:
> >
> > So your choice is between testing and unstable, Jessie and Sid. Sid
> > is a rougher ride, more likely to have things broken at any time and
> > without warning, but for the next (approximately) six months it is
> > the only distribution which will receive new software. How new do
> > you need?
>
> Actually, during the freeze the Release Team asks all Maintainers to
> upload new stuff to experimental, to keep the path unstable ->
> testing for RC bug fixing as much as possible.

Yes, I know there is a major upheaval in Sid after release, but I don't
think I've ever noticed Sid being frozen...

What does make sense is not to allow Sid to get too far ahead of the
frozen testing, at least in terms of major system architecture. Testing
must remain upgradable to the latest state of Sid without too many
breakages, once the freeze is over.

I didn't want to complicate things too much.

--
Joe