Installer with LVM - allocate only a percentage of space

I tried raising this on debian-boot, but there doesn't seem to be any interest in discussing it there.

In the current Debian installer[1], if you select Guided Partitioning with LVM, the entire disk is immediately allocated for filesystems and swap. Therefore you cannot create new logical volumes later, or decide later which logical volumes to expand - so you lose the main benefits of LVM.

Otherwise you have to do a laborious manual setup of each logical volume and filesystem, e.g. https://nsrc.org/workshops/2014/wacren-virtualization/raw-attachment/wiki/Agenda/ex-debian-kvm-libvirt.htm#partitioning

The Ubuntu version of the Debian installer has fixed this by asking the user what percentage of the volume group to allocate. In my opinion, this simple feature is a huge improvement.

"I have a 500GB disk. Set it up with LVM. Allocate 20% of it now, dividing it up the same way you would a 100GB disk. Leave the rest free for me to decide what to do with later"

... can be achieved by answering just one extra question.

Is there any chance this feature could be ported into Debian? Has this been discussed before, and if so, what was the outcome?

Thanks,

Brian Candler.

[1] I've have re-tested this with Jessie Beta 1, and the behaviour is unchanged