Re: Newbie friendly security and firewall docs (cookbook?)

Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
On 10/06/2014 02:11 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm looking for a reference document that wouldn't scare my
friend off Debian and also give me the required information to:
  1. close the maximum number of ports.
     I see him using browser, email, ftp file downloading.
     I don't see him being a server. All incoming packets
should be to
     fulfill a previous outgoing request - [correctly phrased?].

I would say: Allow only incoming packat related to an existing
connexion.

Yes. I've a reference somewhere on how to do that. What I was looking for was a document that covers it for someone who likely only has a vague idea of what a packet is.

But I'm not mother tongue english.

Your English is fine.