MP3 player compatible with Debian

There was a thread about MP3 players a bit back, and one in particular found
favour.  But my memory, Google-foo, archive-foo have all failed me.  Can any
kind person remind me/recommend a suitable inexpensive MP3 player for me to
take on holiday.

I want to be able to load it easily frorm/with a Debian computer, and I don't
want to spend exorbitant amounts.  It must remember where it got to, and I
want to be able to select my track/book/whatever.  The very cheap one I was
given last year restarted at the beginning every time it had been turned off.
Much as I liked the first track, I got very tired of it.

Thanks,
Lisi