Re: Can't unlock the screensaver

softwatt <softwatt@gmx.com> writes:
> I had a similar issue, and it turned out I was typing the password in
> the wrong language.  If you use multiple languages, Try pressing
> ALT+SHIFT (The default language switch) and retrying. You may need to do
> it multiple times if you have multiple languages.
> If that is not your issue, I am clueless. Sorry.

I doubt it.  I'm talking about a problem that appeared a few weeks ago,
that survived reboots, as well as "killall xscreensaver; xscreensaver &
xscreensaver -lock" and other such things.
As mentioned I also tried it with other users (displaying onto my
X server via SSH), and one of those has a very simple password with no
funny letters.

Ric Moore writes:
> Make sure the caps-lock key isn't "on". I've done that myself more than

I don't even have a caps-lock key, so this one is out as well.

        Stefan