Re: sound recording

Ста Деюс <sthu.deus@openmailbox.org> writes:

> Доброго времени суток, Doug.
>

> Спасибо за ответ, Sun, 21 Sep 2014 11:32:38 -0400 вы писали:
>> > I use debian jessie and sound recording in audacity or skype does
>> > not work.
>
> [...]
>
> Same here. But before buying anything - that is not good in general, i
> would suggest using arecord util or others. For example:
>
> arecord -d 10 -f cd -t wav 1.wav

Or ffmpeg ...

Did you check in alsamixer that the recording is actually turned on?
Just turning up the sliders doesn't suffice, you need to press space at
the right slider (if you can figure out which is the right one) to
toggle recording.  Alsmixer will display something like CAPTURE at the
bottom of the slider in red then.

--
Hallowed are the Debians!