Re: vsftpd with ssl

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 10:00:36PM +0200, Marko Randjelovic wrote:
> I installed vsftpd on Wheezy and am trying to make it work with ssl (ftps
> protocol).
snip
> Please help me beacuse I have no ideas.

All I know about FTP/SSL is that there are a lot of variations of the protocol,
such as exactly when to start the SSL, after USER but before PASS, before both,
etc.  The only two things I can think of are

1) try more clients (FireFTP? CoreFTP?)

2) check what ports vsftpd is listening on - is it listening on a higher port
   (e.g. 990) and if so, can you configure your client to connect to that port?