Re: installing xfce theme manager

 Hi.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 02:14:42PM +0100, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> Dear Debian folks,
>
> I have been trying to install xfce theme manager (I am running Debian Jessie on an AMD 64 box).
>
> I found a web site
>
> https://launchpad.net/~rebuntu16/+archive/ubuntu/other-stuff/+sourcepub/4038858/+listing-archive-extra
>
> where there appeared to be some packages that may may not work in debian (perhaps better used in e.g. ubuntu).

This package won't work in Debian testing, the reason being that
xfce-theme-manager is built against libxfce4ui-1-0 (>= 4.11.0), and
testing only has version 4.10.0 of this library ATM.

> On this website, which was dealing with e.g. xubuntu not debian the commands recommended to install it were:
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rebuntu16/other-stuff
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install xfce-theme-manager
>
> I think the reason it may not be working in my case is that I don't know what the correct equivalent of
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rebuntu16/other-stuff
>
> would be for a debian user.

That's Ubuntu way of saying 'Please add this line to
/etc/apt/sources-list.d:

deb https://launchpad.net/~rebuntu16/+archive ubuntu

But, since this package won't do you any good anyway - don't bother.
Just rebuild it from the source, and install it conventional way.

Reco