Re: VLC & Dragon Player no longer play .wmv files

On 28/09/14 11:45 PM, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net <mailto:garydale@torfree.net>> wrote:

    I'm having a problem that the VLC version in Debian/Jessie closes
    after about a second when trying to play .wmv files. I don't think
    it's VLC's fault entirely because Dragon Player does the same thing.

    VLC will usually start to play the file - I can see the video and
    hear some audio - before it closes. This happens even with files
    that VLC used to play so it's not a problem with the file.

    KMplayer, Kaffeine and Totem don't have this problem.

If it opens in other video players like kmplayer, kaffeine but does not work in vlc then it would be a bug in vlc.

If you can share the video file (ex:- no copyrighted material etc.,) perhaps you can post it on a website so others can test it and reproduce?

If it indeed turns out to be a bug, please report it. You can use the reportbug command to do this easily.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

It doesn't play any of the .wmv files that I have. The interesting thing is that Dragon Player doesn't play them either. I don't see anything in their lists of dependencies that would suggest a common problem except for libc.