Re: systemd and server use

Am Freitag, 26. September 2014, 13:36:27 schrieb Dan Ritter:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 01:02:16PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> >
> > On 09/26/2014 at 12:26 PM, Steve Litt wrote:

> > Agreed - definitely 2, maybe / maybe-not 3, and definitely not 1.
>
> Start an xterm.
>
> $ bash
> $ ulimit -u 2000
> $  :(){ :|:& };:  # THIS IS A FORK BOMB.
>
> watch it run 2000 processes and then start erroring.
>
> open another xterm, verify that they are real.
>
> Close the first xterm.
>
> Verify that the processes are gone.
>
> ulimit can also be applied in PAM at login time for users, or for specific
> daemons.

Good point.

But control groups are more flexible with that: You don´t need to impose a
upper process limit which might be too low.

And still: With stress -c 2000 you slow down a system *a lot* already. So what
limit is sane? Basically I don´t know.

With cpu control groups you do not need that limit.

Ciao,