Re: preseed from CD different to network booting

On Fri 26 Sep 2014 at 19:02:57 +0100, Iain M Conochie wrote:

>   I am trying to compose a real basic preseed file, that will answer
> all the d-i questions so that the install is completely automated.
> This works on a PXE boot (with dhcp) but not with a CD boot (with
> dhcp). I still get asked to confirm my hostname, domain name and
> also if I want to install grub on the MBR with the CD install, but
> not the PXE install. What gives?

For the hostname:

   d-i netcfg/get_hostname string test
   d-i netcfg/hostname string test

For grub:

   d-i grub-installer/with_other_os boolean true
   d-i grub-installer/only_debian boolean true

The domain name cannot be preseeded.

This is recommended:

   https://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/example-preseed.txt