Re: Suggestions? A small webserver for file upload

On 26/09/14 23:55, softwatt wrote:
> On 09/26/2014 03:24 PM, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
>> It sounds to me like a good use case for retroshare or owncloud.
>> The last one is available in debian as package and has a good community
>> as far as i know.
>
> Yes, those do the job. But if only some simple file sharing is needed,
> both are *overkill*.

> HFS is the simplest.

Only on M$. On Linux it *requires* WINE - so hardly the "simplest"
(unless you mean an antonym of gifted).

And definitely *not* the most secure:-
https://www.google.com/search?q=hfs+exploit

> http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/

Perhaps monkey?  Not the smallest web server, but still very small and
simple (and secure) all the same. Not in the stable or later repositories.
http://monkey-project.com/

mini-httpd is another small, fast, simple and secure webserver. It is in
the Debian repositories.

I suspect from the OP's original post that a wiki 'might' be better
suited to the job - it'll provide the upload ability, allow the use of
ACLs, and provide simple communication and versioning ability in the
same package. I'd recommend dokuwiki - it's in the Debian repository.

Kind regards