apt broken in latest update

The recent security fixes to apt have broken its behavior with the DVD install. It doesn't seem possible to have the DVD lines in sources.list along with the repository entries anymore, which means you are now stuck downloading anything and everything you want to install regardless of whether it is on the DVDs you bought. The reason people buy the DVDs is to AVOID downloading as much as possible. Is this change deliberate? I hope not. Please fix apt to allow the DVD entries again. In fact, it would be really helpful to be able to setup the ISO images as a local repository. But when I tried to do that it kept complaining about unsigned files -- from the original DVDs? How could those not pass the hash test? This is doubly strange now that the recent security fixes have come down and it says apt was NOT validating downloads properly.