Re: Debian Wheezy XFCE Chromium PepperFlash Plugin Error

op 23-09-14 00:30, Robert Crawford schreef:
> Computer is HP Pavilion a230n tower with 768mb ram 120 hd agp Nvidia
> Riva TNT2 with 32mb ram card.
>
> Installed standard desktop (Gnome3), I was getting error message about
> Gnome 3 crashing,

The default Gnome3 is 3D. I think you can only run this with the closed
soure nvidia driver (is in non-free) or with another video card.

> plus I prefer XFCE,I replaced it with XFCE4.
>
> Installed Chromium-Browser. When I install ed pepperflashplugin-nonfree,
> Chromium will not load. I have to uninstall pepperflashplugin for
> browser to work. I have Firefox (real not Iceweasel) working with
> flashplugin-nonfree.
>
> Is there a fix?

I've not seen Chromium crashing, but flash does not work because the
newest pepperflashplugin links against GLIBC_2.14. So don't use the
lastest version.

This is what I do:

First install pepperflashplugin-nonfree when it's not installed.
Then do this as root:
----------
cachedir="/var/cache/pepperflashplugin-nonfree"
debfile="google-chrome-stable_36.0.1985.143-1_amd64.deb"
cd /tmp/
wget https://vandervlis.nl/files/$debfile
dpkg-deb -x $debfile unpackchrome
sofile=unpackchrome/opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash/libpepflashplayer.so
mv -f $sofile /usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree
chown root:root /usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/libpepflashplayer.so
chmod 644 /usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/libpepflashplayer.so
mv $debfile $cachedir

Then restart Chromium and flash should work correct.
Most code comes from: /usr/sbin/update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl