Re: Random

On 21/09/14 20:41, David Baron wrote:
On Sunday 21 September 2014 20:24:08 Martin Read wrote:
Application software usually initializes its internal pseudorandom
number generator using inputs like the current system time. Since you
haven't mentioned any of the affected programs by name, it's difficult
to comment on what might be going wrong.

One example Bubbleshooter.swf (flash game). Always starts with same pattern and
starting balls. Game play progression depends upon player's aim, of course.

Since I have no idea how said flash game tries to initialize its PRNG state, and a cursory look around on the internet suggests that its source code is not readily available to the public, I'm not even going to try to debug that.

Do you have an example that *doesn't* involve SWFs?