Re: Effectively criticizing decisions you disagree with in Debian

Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> writes:

>> What I don't understand is that criticism and other forms of speaking
>> up cannot be considered as a form of contribution.
>
> Constructive criticism is often a useful contribution. Destructive
> criticism, much less so.
>
> Disagree all you want, but don't malign others when you do so. (Or at
> least, don't do it on Debian communication infrastructure.)

I don't understand your classification of criticism, and I'm seeing that
what I have said has been (mostly) ignored yet again.  After your post I
am asking myself if I would still want to become a package manager.  The
answer is "no" because it seems as futile as anything else.

And I think I start to understand the people who say it's a waste of
time to discuss systemd.  Our freedom already has been taken away.

--
Knowledge is volatile and fluid.  Software is power.