Fwd: Re: MDADM RAID1 of external USB 3.0 Drives

Sorry, this should have been sent to the list in the first place.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: MDADM RAID1 of external USB 3.0 Drives
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 18:12:41 +0200
From: Linux-Fan <Ma_Sys.ma@web.de>
To: Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com>

On 09/14/2014 06:06 PM, Reco wrote:
>  Hi.
>
> On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 17:55:46 +0200
> Linux-Fan <Ma_Sys.ma@web.de> wrote:
>
>> Concerning editing the initscript: I am now going to do that but I guess
>> it is going to produce trouble when upgrading to Jessie.
>
> No it won't. Installing a new version of mdadm package will produce a
> different version of /etc/init.d/mdadm-raid, so, depending on a tool
> you choose for the upgrade you will be presented with a dialog asking
> you what to do - keep your version of this configuration file, or
> replace it with maintainer's one.
>
> Of course, choosing wrongly WILL hose your system.
>
> Reco

I have installed the configuration via dpkg-divert so it won't even ask
and still /not/ overwrite the conffile but I recently saw my sid-VM
upgrading to systemd as a result of certain dependencies and if the
update to Jessie recommends me to switch to systemd as well, I am then
going to (need to) transition the change to systemd (if
necessary/recommended) but for now it is OK.

Linux-Fan

--
http://masysma.lima-city.de/