Re: Power Mac G4 stuck "Loading second stage bootstrap"

On 12/09/14 04:35, bruno evangelista wrote:
> [...] I have right now the very same DVD with Ubuntu iso
> file in the tray inside the computer.  When I start the computer and
> hold c key nothing happens.  If I shut down the computer and restart it
> I have exactly the same thing on the screen right from its start.  If I
> hold the c key when I start the computer it will replace (for about 30
> seconds) the last line that reads *"Loading second stage bootstrap..."*
> with  "*Loadind CD ROM...".*  But then it returns to *"Loading second
> stage bootstrap...". *It does not do anything after that and **I can't
> get out of it.

I'm sorry, I don't know enough about the Power Mac G4 to help with this.
 I suspect you might have a hardware problem.  You could also try to ask
in Ubuntu user forums about this.

I can only suggest to disconnect the internal hard drive to see if it is
still possible to boot from the CD/DVDs that worked before.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org