Re: Making keyboard remap changes permanent without reboot.

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 12:20:35 +0100
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed 10 Sep 2014 at 20:02:04 +0300, Alexandros Prekates wrote:
>
> > My system is Debian stable with xfce.
> >
> > Wanting to swap CAPSLOCK with CONTROL i
> > changed /etc/default/keyboard and following debian wiki page on
> > keyboard i executed:
> >
> > sudo udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=input --action=change
> >
> > It worked! But .. after some minutes the swap is reverted back to
> > the initial config withoud doing sth.
>
> How many minutes? If you don't touch the keyboard for x minutes has
> the reversion taken place in that time? Or is it only "some minutes"
> after touching the keyboard?
>
> > How can that be avoided?
>
> By discovering what is on your system that causes the change. :)
>
> You could start by considering Xfce as a cause. Install a smallish
> window manager like fvwm. Log in to it and test. Do you get the same
> behaviour?

You are right. With fvwm the new settings are active all time.
With the default xfce window manager the settings are lost after some
time. Even if i reboot /etc/default/keyboard changes wont hold!
So i guess its an xfce's  xfwm4 bug?

Alexandros