Re: "no soundcards found" after Debian upgrade

On 12/09/14 at 02:16pm, Menashè Eliezer wrote:
> Thanks Raffaele,
> My version of libpam-systemd is the latest available: 208-8. The bug you've
> mentioned was fixed in version 204-8.
>
> I've noticed that pulseaudio is missing from the bin folder, even though
> aptitude says it's installed.
> It must be connected to my attempts to resolve sound problems based on
> internet-based solutions.
> So:
> aptitude purge pulseaudio pulseaudio-utils gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio
> pulseaudio-module-x11 paman pavumeter pavucontrol
> and then aptitude install ...
> Still empty, also after restart: lsmod |grep snd_hda_intel
> sudo modprobe snd-hda-intel
> and playback is ok.
> So, right now my problem is only that I need to run manually "modprobe
> snd-hda-intel".

drop a line with `snd_hda_intel` into /etc/modules or create a file in
/etc/modules-load.d/ with that line in, module will be loaded on every boot..

BTW there should be a reason if module is not loaded properly during boot
process.

--
« Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus »