Re: Debian Update issue

On Sep 12, 2014 8:45 AM, "Björn Djisktra" <amailuser.14@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the question: I downloaded Firefox and installed it, because
> Icewesel can't open a web page. It tell me that I need to upgrade the
> browser. But when I run Firefox occurs an error, the prompt tells me:
>
> firefox: symbol lookup error: /opt/firefox32/libxul.so: undefined
> symbol: gtk_widget_set_can_focus
>
> This is why I just trying to update the system, because the problem is
> with the outdated libraries. So, I need your help with this in order
> to solve this issue. Thanks.
>

> --

Hi Björn,

It's possible that even if you do find a way to get newer versions of firefox to work, it may render your system unstable.

I would recommend upgrading, or better yet, a fresh install, if dist-upgrade won't work.

What might work, however, is to try and find an older version of firefox for Lenny.

Debian Lenny is not receiving security updates since 2012, so I would definetly move to a wheezy fresh install.