Re: apache2 what is the standard way to enable modules?

Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

>> Thanks for the push... Tinkering with your suggestion lead me to read
>> the `LoadModule' lines on the files in mods-available.
>>
>> The line in cgi.load:
>>   LoadModule cgi_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_cgi.so
>>
>> Looked the most promising, so I tried:
>>
>>    a2enmod cgi.load
>>
>> But it told me my MPM(?) seemed to be threaded so it gave me `cgid.conf'
>> and `cgid.load'... and away it went... cgi firing on all 8 cylinders.
>

> beware that ​a2enmod doesn't require extension​
> eg. a2enmod cgi.load won't work cause the module is 'cgi', symlink is
> created for both .conf and .load in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/
>
> hint: enable bash completion, a2enmod completes available module

I'm not sure what you are getting at.  Do you mean it won't work
period or that only scripts with ext cgi will work?

As reported further back in the thread:
    a2enmod cgi.load

Gave me:
   cgid.conf -> ../mods-available/cgid.conf
   cgid.load -> ../mods-available/cgid.load

Now my `script.cgi' work.   But I had a few from a long ago previous
setup without cgi extension... so just to test I tried this:

   cp test.cgi test

Then opened `test.cgi' with a browser... it works
     opened `test' and it does not work.

Is that what you are warning about?

Can anyone tell me how to allow scripts without cgi extension to work?