Re: Best way to "pin" a kernel

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 08:27:46 -0700
Matt Ventura <mattventura@mattventura.net> wrote:

> Quick question: I want Debian to not switch Grub2 to a new kernel
> when I update
> it, since I have a custom kernel on a particular machine. When I
> install a new
> kernel from apt, I don't want to immediately use it. What's the
> cleanest way of
> doing this?

I did that once by modifying /boot/grub/menu.lst; from my notes,
it seems that kernels are numbered from 0 as I added a line in
the first lines of this file: default 2 (the first one is the
new kernel, the 2nd is 1st kernel in 'single-use mode', the 3rd
is the old one I wanted).

--
Melethon: not a bad picture… a real mermaid
Paupau: you really think that :D you're so cute!