Re: Making keyboard remap changes permanent without reboot.

Alexandros Prekates wrote:
> My system is Debian stable with xfce.
>
> Wanting to swap CAPSLOCK with CONTROL i changed /etc/default/keyboard
> and following debian wiki page on keyboard i executed:
>
> sudo udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=input --action=change
>
> It worked! But .. after some minutes the swap is reverted back to the
> initial config withoud doing sth.
>
> How can that be avoided?

If you're using xfce, you can make the keyboard changes
under X using setxkbmap.

For example, I use this line in .xinitrc to convert
CAPS-LOCK to Ctrl and to enable killing X with
ctrl-alt-backspace.

setxkbmap -option ctrl:nocaps,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp

Hope this helps.