Re: terminal doesn't come up in Jessie Beta-1?

On Sep 9, 2014, at 12:53 AM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:

> Enjoy!
>
> Rick
>
> PS: Now, one remaining question — how do I tell Gnome to use a different terminal program, since gnome-terminal is broken in my environment?  Is there a dpkg-reconfig option I can use for that?  Or a magical GUI for such things?
>
> And, I guess, that then begs the further question: I love to RTFM, but what FM should I read for questions like these?  Is there a FM for configuring Gnome?
>
> Again, Thanks!

I’m glad to know there are so many fine Desktop Environments out there, each with its share of loyal partisans.  I’ve tried many of them and I thought I’d give Gnome a try on this machine.  I really don’t care what other people think about it, because this machine is for testing, not for production.  I’m testing Gnome.  Ergo, I have it installed.

Unfortunately none of you nice folks have answered my question:

Is there any documentation that discusses configuring Gnome in Debian?

Thanks!

Rick