Re: How to mount a LUKS partiotion with Nautilus with option discard?

Joerg Desch:
> Am Mon, 01 Sep 2014 09:48:30 +0200 schrieb Jochen Spieker:
>> Joerg Desch:
>>>
>>> I'm using a separate LUKS encrypted partition on my SSD, which I only
>>> mount after login. Since there is now way to to this with
>>> crypttab/fstab, I have to use Nautilus to do this.
>>
>> Hm? I don't understand why you say mounting manually is not possible
>> with crypttab/fstab. Just make the entries as usual and add the option
>> "noauto" in fstab.
>
> OK, here is my /etc/crypttab
>
> private_luks UUID=... none luks,noauto,discard

Ok, that looks fine.

> /dev/mapper/udisks-luks-uuid-.... is active and is in use.
>   type:    LUKS1
>   cipher:  aes-cbc-essiv:sha256
>   keysize: 256 bits
>   device:  /dev/sdb7
>   offset:  4096 sectors
>   size:    408795136 sectors
>   mode:    read/write

This is missing the discard flag from your crypttab entry. It appears
that Gnome ignores your settings.

Either ask upstream (i.e. Gnome people) or open a bug report for
nautilus. I like the following pattern for bug reports:

1. What you want to achieve (your real goal, not the means to achieve
   it)
2. What you do to achieve your goal (config file, clicks, text input)
3. What you expect to happen
4. What happens instead

J.
--
Every year I wonder what a tinsel-making machine looks like. And what it
does in summer.