Patch wheezy's glibc to run on ancient kernel (2.6.16)?

Hi,

I would like to run debian wheezy on my nokia-770 (Linux-2.6.16.27) in a chroot environment, unfourtunately chroot telling me the kernel is too old.
The latest version that worked this way is Debian Lenny, which is unsupported since mid 2012.

Because updating the kernel almost impossible (binary wlan driver blob, texas instrument`s patched OMAP source tree, ancient toolchain), is there any way to patch a debootstrapped debian installation with a self-compiled glibc that is compatible with older kernel versions?
I reason I ask is because the minimum kernel version also seems to be stored in all the executeables too, e.g. I get the following output on a MIPS box:

root@OpenWrt:/usr/bin# file xz
xz: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, MIPS, MIPS-II version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.26, .....

... however as the binary does not talk directly to the kernel (or, does it?), I don't understand how the binary itself has a requirement on the linux kernel.

Thank you in advance, Clemens