Re: shutdown hangs 4+ minutes at "Stopping enhanced syslogd: rsyslog."

David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> writes:

> If I manually unmount Samba shared folders imported by this machine
> prior to shutdown, shutdown proceeds without delay.  So, the problem
> appears to be related to the order in which things happen at shutdown
> (?).
>
> Any ideas on how to troubleshoot and properly fix this?  Bug report?
> Which package?

Since it's related to the /etc/rc0.d scripts, maybe start with a bug
against the sysv-rc package?

    $ dpkg --search /etc/rc0.d/
    sysv-rc: /etc/rc0.d

You can check if your bug is already there (a quick search didn't show
anything):

https://bugs.debian.org/sysv-rc

--
Devrin Talen <dct23@cornell.edu>