Re: Sigil

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 09:22:17 -0700 (PDT)
Rusi Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok
> I tried getting the latest (from git) and building.

Hi Rusi,

Building from git is always a challenge. It will be different tomorrow
than it is today. It often doesn't work without some serious finessing.
I can't possibly interpret the errors you got.

So, in this email, I'll concentrate on compiling actual releases 0.6.2
and 0.7.4.

> [I am on testing]

Being on testing means you might be able to install 0.7.4, always
assuming you have a working qt5. But first, just as a baseline, try to
install 0.6.2:

http://code.google.com/p/sigil/downloads/detail?name=Sigil-0.6.2-Code.zip&can=1&q=

If the preceding link doesn't download it for you, go to
http://code.google.com/p/sigil/downloads/list , click the button after
the "Search" label and choose "All Downloads", click the Search button
at the right end of the line containing the "Search" label, and from
the list of files, choose Sigil-0.6.2-Code.zip.

After it downloads, unzip it, and follow my instructions in my previous
email. Be especially careful to follow my instructions about changing
the destination, because ideally you'll install both 0.6.2 and 0.7.4,
and be able to use them without them clobbering each other.

If it doesn't compile and you can't figure it out, I'll help. If it
DOES compile, verify that you have qt5 installed, then download
Sigil-0.7.4-Code from the same list I described earlier, open
INSTALL.txt in the src directory, and install as described, except once
again, change the destination to the run directory before doing your
make install, and do make install as yourself, not as root or sudo or
su -c or anything like that.

SteveT