Re: auto starting of ppp has stopped working

On Sunday, August 17, 2014 4:50:01 PM UTC+5:30, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am 01.08.2014 10:45, schrieb Tom H:

> > Either "/etc/modprobe.d/<filename>.conf" or in "/etc/modules" if the
> > former isn't early enough.

> You are mixing two things up here:

> /etc/modprobe.conf and /etc/modprobe.d/*.conf are for specifying module
> parameters.

> If you want to load modules during boot, you have add it to
> /etc/modules or /etc/modules-load.d/*.conf.
> As you already pointed out /etc/modules-load.d/modules.conf being a
> symlink to /etc/modules. This is out of convenience to keep the old
> filename working.
> See man modules-load.d(5)

Thanks Michael and others who have helped.

Currently I am not on that debian box but an ubuntu laptop and in a
bit of rush so not able to give exact/precise answers...

...other than to say that that problem has been solved more or less

I'll be getting back to this in a day or two to see through a fully
satisfactory solution