RE: Looking for Debian 6.0.5 AMD ISO image

I am thrilled to say, your help (all of you) has been invaluable.  I now have 8 DVDs of Debian 6.0.5 that I believe is complete.

Thank you all.
Chris Carlson

From: Steve McIntyre [steve@einval.com]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2014 3:16 AM
To: Christopher Carlson
Cc: steve@einval.com; debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Looking for Debian 6.0.5 AMD ISO image

In article <CC5CED6C26DD9946AE56D7EF0DC26185335EE5BB@ImsEx1.ims.dom> you write:

>Not yet.  I have only downloaded 2 DVDs (1 & 5).  DVD 1 had 57 files
>it could not download.  DVD 5 had 20.  Each download is taking
>between 6 and 8 hours, so if I do them serially, it will be close to
>a week to get them all downloaded (since I'm doing this at my job).
>
>When I tried to download one of the missing files, jigdo didn't like
>any of the URLs I provided (I tried different combinations from
>more/less path to specifying the exact .deb file).  Since I don't
>know jigdo at all and I'm just flying by the seat of my pants, there
>may be some incantation I'm missing.
>
>If I have to identify each of the missing files to jigdo to complete
>a DVD, this could take me weeks.  I'm wondering how the promises made
>by the jigdo web page are kept.

jigdo is meant to work something like the following:

$ jigdo-lite http://site/path/to/cd.jigdo (or a local .jigdo file is fine too!)

It asks for places to look for files. You tell it about local mirrors,
and/or repositories of Debian files you may already have such as
existing copies of older CDs and DVDs.

It will attempt to find all the .deb files it needs in those
locations. When it's done that, it will fall back to a snapshot server
where we keep almost(*) all of the .deb files ever used by Debian in
official releases, as far back as we've been using jigdo.

If you don't have any local files, or a reasonable mirror to point it
at, jigdo should happily download all the files it needs from the
snapshot. I've just tested with debian-6.0.5-amd64-DVD-5.jigdo (your
example) right now and it looks to have worked OK. If you could try
again and capture a list of the files you're missing, that might be
very helpful.

If there are files missing, we need to know ASAP so we can try and fix
things on the snapshot server.

(*) we're missing a few due to failures over the years, but I
*believe* we have everything from the last 5 years+

You raise the blade, you make the change... You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane...

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential & proprietary to Systems and Software Enterprises, LLC. This information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Access or transmittal of the information contained in this e-mail, in full or in part, to any other organization or persons is not authorized.